I’m still trying to catch up on my blogging! Here is a bag I made last week, and I’m so happy with how it turned out.
Here’s the pattern envelope:
Yep, I made the cell phone case a couple weeks ago from the same pattern. I made this from scraps left over from a skirt I made in 2005, a Union Jack print twill. The print is so haphazard that I didn’t need to try and match anything up, but it also means it’s hard to see detail in the pic. I used a stretch poplin for the lining because I only had a yard of it and couldn’t find a top to make from it. The stretch didn’t work in my favor when attaching it at the top, but oh well. I didn’t make any changes to the pattern- the size is perfect, and I needed a bag that zipped closed. I’ve been using it to take stuff to work in. I really love making bags, partially because there are no fitting issues!
Costs: pattern, already used it so $0, zipper: stash, fabric: stash, lining: $5.60, D rings and swivel clips: about $5. Not bad!