….. it’s a bag.
I’m SO over making something and having it not fit or be the wrong fabric. I’ve made a conscious decision to focus on making non-clothes for awhile. Maybe that’ll bring my mojo back.
Here’s what I made today, using stuff from my stash so it was kinda free.
Anyway, this is McCall’s 5599, view C. I used cotton velveteen left over from last year’s Halloween costume, and lining that’s been around longer than my daughter has. I used whatever interfacing was around, and the only 4 rings and magnetic snap I had all happened to be gold, so that worked out rather nicely.
Of course, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t screw up something. I’m sure everybody screws up, but it’s kinda fun to point it out. When making the loops that hold the rings, I pressed them to that the seam was centered on one side, intending for that side to not show. Well, I wasn’t thinking too hard about that step and the seam ended up on the public side.
Here’s the pattern: