Here is the dress I wore to my friend Alicia’s wedding last Saturday:
I’m getting better at using the camera timer. 🙂
Here is the back:
I used this pattern:
I bought this pattern and this fabric when it came out a few months ago, then decided I hated it. However, Threads recently featured it in their “Pattern Review” column, and it changed my perception! Good thing, too, because I was originally going to make a dress with a straight skirt, and I needed something to hide my gut. This dress, being very loose, does a great job at that.
I made a couple changes. Instead of a flower or bow in back, I used a large button that I’ve had for years. I was glad to finally use it. Also, the back pleat is stitched all the way down, but I decided I liked it better how I did it- I only stitched it to waist level. I also decided not to be lazy and hand stitch a blind hem.
I bought the supplies for this so long ago that I don’t know how much I spent on this, but I’d estimate it at around $15 total. Not bad!
Here’s my review on PR.