Here’s my latest work, just finished tonight!
This is Butterick 5242. Can you tell I love knit dresses? I’ve made so many recently that I’ve lost count! They’re so easy to fit because the knit fabric just stretches to accommodate! Anyway, this one is very easy once you get the pleats out of the way. They’re time consuming but not difficult. I transfer the markings with tracing paper and a serrated tracing wheel. The bodice is lined- the pattern calls for tricot, but I can’t find any locally so I used self fabric. It doesn’t seem to show through so I guess it worked fine. I didn’t interface the midriff because I didn’t think it was necessary. I also didn’t use the midriff facing as intended. Instead, I basted it to the midriff, wrong sides together: Since I serged all the seam allowances, it doesn’t look bad at all. My only problem with this dress is that it’s longer than pictured. It hits my calf, so I may end up shortening it to knee length. Other than that, I like it!